EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES LIABILITY
WHY DO YOU NEED EPLI COVERAGE?
Why do companies need Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) coverage?
Many firms – especially smaller ones – do not see this product as being critical to their operations. After all, having good HR practices in place and making sure all employees are treated fairly should be enough to avoid this type of risk – right?
We’ve all heard horror stories about rogue employees who feel equitable treatment is just not good enough. It only takes one.
A suit brought due to an alleged wrongful act - even groundless or frivolous ones – need to be defended. Legal defense costs for these types of cases usually average $65,000.
And what happens if there is an adverse judgment against the employer?
The financial impact of a large settlement could cripple a company or even put it out of business.
Contact us for a quick premium indication. All it takes is answers to seven questions about your customer’s firm
MALPRACTICE RISKS MARKETS
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) provides defense and indemnity protection against claims arising from the employer/ employee relationship.
The policy shields employers – plus all current, former and prospective employees, directors and officers, even the corporate entity – against a broad spectrum of employment-related claims.
edical advances and a broadening spectrum of healthcare providers have created a new world of professional liability exposures.
- Coverage for Third Party Wrongful acts available
- Coverage territory expanded to include claims brought anywhere in the world
- Wage and Hour coverage available (subject to sub-limit)
- Multiple liability limit options – up to $2,000,000/ $2,000,000 available
- “Soft Hammer” wording with a 75/25 Insured/ Insurer split
- Full Prior Acts available
- Coverage for alleged violations of the Immigration Reform Control Act provided via endorsement at no cost to the Insured (subject to $25,000 sub-limit)
- Prior acts coverage available