Rockwood Programs is a rapidly expanding MGA located in Northern Delaware looking for energetic professionals seeking Full or Part Time employment within the insurance industry. We have been an established professional and management liability provider since 1996 and have a reputation of quality, customer service and professionalism. Employment opportunities are listed below:
Rockwood is currently seeking a candidate for an Underwriting Assistant position.
Responsibilities include reviewing insurance applications/ submissions to evaluate, classify and rate prospects for insurance by performing the following duties:
- Handling incoming phone calls, gathering information about the caller and addressing his/ her needs to provide assistance to the underwriter.
- Reviewing and retaining a clear understanding of specific department policies, procedures, objectives and performance goals.
- Understanding various carrier guidelines or brokerage arrangements to efficiently assist the underwriter on accounts.
- Ensuring applications are complete and thoroughly document on every account being handled by the underwriter.
- Performing data entry to process all submissions in a timely fashion.
- Communicating with agents and agency representatives as required to obtain further information, and/ or to provide indications. (Level of involved based on License).
- Assisting underwriter with processing cancellations, non-renewals, reinstatements and endorsement requests.
- Updating the underwriters production results on a daily basis.
- Assisting with solicitation of renewal business on a monthly basis.
- Assisting with Surplus Lines documents required for State filings.
- Coordinating delivery of policy documentation to clients and/ or agents.
- Participating in audits of work and reporting results to management.
- Assisting underwriter in creating innovative ways to deliver excellent service.
- Work within the guidelines of the Company’s Employee Handbook.
- Supervisors or managers may assign other duties to ensure work is processed in a timely and proficient manner.
- College or University program certificate, or two to four years of related experience and/ or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as commissions and percentages.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Access is preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Base salary along with incentive bonuses tied to production
– 401(k) plans available for full time employees
– Continuing education opportunities within the insurance industry
Rockwood Programs is always interested in speaking to underwriting professionals with previous management liability experience; however, experience is not required in order to be considered.
If you are hardworking and interested in learning about insurance, e-mail Rockwood’s Human Resources Director at Carl.Wilson@rockwoodinsurance.com. Resumes can also be faxed to (302) 765-6039.