EPLI Exclusively For California-Domiciled Businesses
Rockwood Programs has developed “Essential EPLI” – an Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) policy customized to address the unique liability exposures faced by California-domiciled businesses.
“California has long been recognized as a litigious environment”, says Glenn W. Clark CPCU, President of Rockwood Programs. “This is especially true in the area of employment-related law, as many of the regulations are crafted to favor the employee. As a result, businesses located in the state have a difficult time securing EPLI coverage.”
Rockwood Programs has answered this need by developing the Essential EPLI program. The policy is designed to primarily offer legal defense only. A sub-limit of indemnity coverage is included to handle nuisance claims.
Essential EPLI Program (Defense-Only) Key Features
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) customized to address the unique exposures faced by California-domiciled businesses.
- Assignment of a dedicated Rapid Response legal team to address claims submitted against our insureds. The attorneys are located in California and are proficient in handling employment-related cases brought in that state.
- The form is primarily a defense-only policy. A sub-limit of indemnity coverage is available to handle nuisance claims effectively and efficiently.
- Pricing for the Essential EPLI product is substantially less than other traditional policies offered in California.
- Available liability limits range from $100,000 to $500,000
- Legal defense for allegations of violations of Wage & Hour laws are included at no additional cost. Subject to a separate sub-limit.
- Policy includes coverage for third-party exposures.
- Legal defense for allegations of violations of Immigration laws are included at no additional cost. Subject to a separate sub-limit.
- Prior acts coverage is available.
- On-line risk mitigation tools are accessible to all policyholders at no charge. This includes a toll-free pre-claims hot line staffed by members of the Wilson Elser team.
Coverage is underwritten through member companies of Fortegra, rated A- (“Excellent”) by A.M. Best. Risk management services are also provided as part of the coverage package.
Call toll-free at 800-558-8808.