Now Introducing Tom Katona, and Tech E&O!
Thomas C. Katona
Tech Product Lead
Rockwood Programs Inc.
Tom has spent the entirety of his career selling Professional Liability products to agents and brokers in all 50 states, including Cyber, D&O, E&O, EPLI, and Technology E&O, and many more!
- Previous CEO/ Founder of a Large National Wholesaler Sold to Berkshire Hathaway (2002-2010)
- Previous Partner/ Founder of a Large Regional Wholesaler (2010-2020)
Tom has 35 years’ experience as a CEO successfully building three Technology Philadelphia Top 100 companies and one Inc. Magazine Top 500 nationally ranked company. His previous 15 years were spent in the insurance operations software consulting business conducting strategic projects.
Technology Errors and Omissions Insurance
The difference in risk for technological professionals is the daily handling of sensitive information, which carries heavy financial implications upon alleged mistakes. Rockwood Programs has brought on tech guru Tom Katona, to offer your business a customizable and comprehensive solution at an affordable cost.
Product’s Coverage Features
First Party Coverage
- Breach Response Costs Outside Limits
- Breach of Contract
- Business Interruption
- Cyber Extortion
- Copyright Infringement
- Continuous Active Risk Monitoring
- Financial Fraud
- 2 Hours of Legal Advice – Wilson Elser
- Immigration Coverage Sub-Limited
- Personal Injury
- Full Prior Acts
- Contingent Business Interruption
- Pay on Behalf Language
- Computer Replacement
Third Party Coverage
- Network and Information Security Liability
- Technology and Media Liability
- Regulatory Defense and Penalties
- Coverage for Care and Custody of Clients Data in your Possession
Product’s Coverage Options
- Technology and Media Liability
- Variety of Coverage Limits
- Optional 1-3 Year Extended Reporting Periods
- Additional Endorsements
These claim scenarios illustrate the need for tech liability coverage
- Your client signs an agreement to pay $250 a month for cyber security protection. After installation of firewalls and protective countermeasures, you bill your customer for their first month and a $1,000 installation fee. This $1,000 fee is a misrepresentation of your original contract, and your client is now entitled to seek litigation against you.
- Your company installs a firewall for a car dealership but forgets to plug in a necessary port. A month later, the car dealership has ransomware installed through the vacant port, compromising thousands of customers’ personal and financial data. Your company is now facing an immense lawsuit for negligence.
- A new customer has requested that your company installs updated proper digital security measures before the launch of their new product on January 1st. Your company takes on this agreement yet is unable to finish by the proposed deadline. This is a breach of contract, and your company may now be legally prosecuted.
Many business professionals are naive in thinking that mistakes will not occur in their company. Unfortunately, this is not the case and between 40-50% of small businesses are sued throughout their entrepreneurial journey. Don’t fall victim to this statistic and protect what you have worked so hard to accomplish.
Let Rockwood Programs defend your business! Contact us today!